Friday, February 1, 2008

My Favorite Lunch

Sorry, in advance, for my recipes. They tend to consist of "a bit of this, a dash of that...and some lemon." I'll do my best to give decent proportions.
For lunches lately I've been making a big pot of couscous, salad? Is salad the right description? Judge for yourself...

1 box couscous (about 5 servings)
1/2 - 1 cup chicken (if i have it)
1 can garbanzo beans
*chopped spinach
1 can chopped olives
3-4 T parmesan or feta cheese
a sprinkle of basil, salt, and pepper
lemon juice
1 T olive oil
*or any other veggies. I've used red pepper, cucumber, carrots, and zucchini. Any combination would probably be good.

This will make enough for me to eat for lunch several times in a week. I have to get my couscous while John Jay's at work since he thinks it's like eating sand.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

John Jay said...

for a guy who could live on Pizza-Rolls, I actually liked this. It did call for some Tabasco, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...