Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tip of the Week



















Last night I decided to flip through my Modern Household Encyclopedia, 1948 Edition! I forgot all about this baby! It's just been sitting on my shelf for the last 3 or 4 years with so much to offer such as what to do with candle ends, what a "bland diet" actually consists of, and every antidote known to man for poisoning (men in 1948, mind you...so get out the emetic and coffee!) I thought it would be nice to periodically share this world of knowledge with all of my loyal followers (Hi Mom!).

I'll start with the selection simply titled "Double Chins."

"To firm one rub a lemon ice cube over it after thoroughly cleansed. Make cubes by freezing 2 parts fresh lemon juice and 1 part water. Good for the face too."

I'm assuming that the acids from the lemon will eat away at the skin until it disintegrates. Or the ice will freeze the chin, making it much less painful to cut off...the lemon is just so it smells good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and people look at the advancement and increasing popularity of plastic surgery as a bad thing.. i mean, c'mon. if it stops people from rubbing ice cubes made of lemon juice and wearing that contraption on their head.. i guess the desire has always been there (for the solo chin, i mean).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...