Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mommy's Little Criminal

I forgot about this guy. I made this sleep shirt back in Ruston. The bottom half was an old, odd-fitting t-shirt.














The top half was a normal ribbed tank that got the ax. The little ruffles were made with tiny elastic. John Jay says it looks like I have a skirt up around my ribs. What does he know? :) I might make him a matching one that he'll have to wear, so as not to hurt my feelings. Just for the record: this picture of me is hilarious...ho-hum, ho-hum.



















Moving on...I found it the other day when I was (finally) unpacking my transition suitcase from the move. I also found one of the dino cookie cutters used at the McIntires when we made short bread cookies. I hoped hoped hoped that, knowing my son's affinity for dinosaurs, and mine for cute shaped cookies, that Melinda slipped it in there while I wasn't looking. But, shamefully, I had just discovered my sons very first theft. When?! When did he get the cookie cutter and crawl off 50 feet unnoticed?...and how did he know to go find MY suitcase to hide his loot in? Well, it's too late to be honorable and return it...so we made sandwiches. So as a reward for his larceny, he woke up from a nap with triceratops migrating across his high chair. I might need to reevaluate the "punishment fits the crime" discipline style. Sorry McIntires!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...