Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy (Late) Birthday Siri!

This was for Siri's 1st birthday. I'm ashamed to say it, but it arrived a whole month late! It took me forever to narrow down what to make for her.
Jenn and Siri immediately named her Zu Zu, which suits her perfectly. She is made almost entirely out of my old clothes.
(The body is from my old jeans, her sundress was a shirt of mine, and her doll that she's stringing along was printed on one of my old sweatshirts.)
This was my first doll to make with separate arms and legs. The first take didn't turn out so good, but entertained John Jay and me all night just at the sight of her. (See the last picture with the arm-ear?!) He wanted me to leave her that way, but I thought it my scare Siri. Now that all her limbs are in place, I hope she loves her forever.
Click here for pictures of Siri's big day!



























Ooops...

1 comment:

Dana said...

corrie , i love the way you wrote siri's name on the card -- i would hang that up it's so good of course everything you do is fabulous but I especially like that. Just wanted you to know - i think you are great and talented! Can't wait for your store.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...