Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Mini Muffins

It's that time of year! Mmmmmm...pumpkin.I grabbed a few cans at the market last week not really knowing what I would make, and after a failed attempt at pumpkin oatmeal (it was so gross y'all) I looked up and *loosely followed a recipe for whole wheat pumpkin muffins. They were delicious and gone in a day. The kids especially loved them. I'm sure I'll make a few more batches this season, maybe with some variations like zucchini, sweet potato or banana.*I added a little apple sauce, less salt, and used canola oil instead of olive.
PS: Has anyone baked sweets with olive oil before? I was nervous to try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy! I love pumpkin muffins. And I don't think I can say I've ever baked with olive oil before...
xo,
jessie

http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

I use it if I don't have anything else in the house....it's a fine substitute in a pinch.

Anonymous said...

I use it, works just fine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...